FANDOM


  • So, I've been wondering, from what I see, Asseylum likes Inaho, but holds respect for Slaine??? That's what I think. We all know that both Slaine and Inaho likes the princess :/ 

      Loading editor
    • How do you know that it isn't the opposite? How do we even know if she is in love at all? ...We'll see in episode 7 hopefully because she's coming out of the coma (I hope)

        Loading editor
    • I would say nither, and that inaho loves her romaticaly. While slaine has more "your my savior and i will do what ever i can to protect you my lady" feelings for her.

        Loading editor
    • Judging from the anime opening of Season 2 and the writers of the show had the intention of having Inaho and Asseylum together, I'm gonna say that she likes Inaho more. Who knows though, they could troll us all with the ending again.

        Loading editor
    • It will probably end like lunar princess with Inaho and Asseylum ending up together as a symbol of peace between the two worlds. That is what I hope at least because Slaine is way too EMO and has a Obsession disorder.

        Loading editor
    • I hope slaine is the one she likes:

      Because Slaine is just a clever character that is trying to take advantage of the situation to fulfill his dreams. On a smart way he is just trying to gain the power to rule the Aerth and The vers ampire and qonquering the hearth of princess asseylum. In other words he is not an impulsive sick idiot but a really well thought character that is trying to acomplish his dreams by smart inrtigues.

      Compared to Slaine Inaho is just an emotionless character with his bionic syborg eye and his not interesting background. There is never zoomed in on his feelings, never tears, No smiles and no background. In short words an impossible caracter to like because there is not enoug reason for it to just like him even a little bit.

      So I am totally for slaine.

        Loading editor
    • 217.122.83.159 wrote:
      I hope slaine is the one she likes:

      Because Slaine is just a clever character that is trying to take advantage of the situation to fulfill his dreams. On a smart way he is just trying to gain the power to rule the Aerth and The vers ampire and qonquering the hearth of princess asseylum. In other words he is not an impulsive sick idiot but a really well thought character that is trying to acomplish his dreams by smart inrtigues.

      Compared to Slaine Inaho is just an emotionless character with his bionic syborg eye and his not interesting background. There is never zoomed in on his feelings, never tears, No smiles and no background. In short words an impossible caracter to like because there is not enoug reason for it to just like him even a little bit.

      So I am totally for slaine.

      I hope you are wrong because that would make where the show is completely worthless making the show about "A to Z How To Make a Show Go From Good to Shit" If anything remember Lelouch the one who destorys the world can't live happly regardless if he is a good hero or a villian, and especially if he is a "Slaine" FYI Slaine is now my new term to describe worthless character that should be red shirts.

        Loading editor
    • Also judging by slaine's name he is most likely going to die as the word slaine is an older version of the english word slain. So when you say he is slain, it sounds like a ill forboding for worthless slaine. I just saying this writer seems to like a bit of symbolism mix with irony. And would be fitting for him to die with a name like that.

      http://www.yourdictionary.com/slaine

        Loading editor
    • I believe Slaine is going to die by the hand of the princess, if the opening of the first season and the episode from last week was any foreshadowing.

      I kinda like Slaine, but I believe he'll never find hapiness. He'll die a villain or a worthless scum (that makes me kinda sad cause I like him, though...)

      Bet The princess is gonna end up with the cyborg. Don't like the dude. Typical robot, but I don't feel any charisma. Not a hero, a protagonist. Not one I like though. Why do I like the one who never gets the happy ending,huh?! 


      If it end with Slaine ready to gun Inaho and then the Princess shooting Slaine, I'm outta here. Slaine is a good character who got twisted by circumstance (Innocent boy, got tortured and obsession toward a princess, broken piece, and so on, classic.) while Inaho is just a guy with almost no emotion trying to act from emotion (his attachment to the Princess, wanting to 'save' her and some vague feeling of justice....). I liked Slaine more cause we could see him evolve and 'grow up' (twisted and bad, but still he evolves), and Inaho almost doesn't change at all, aside his whole 'gonna save earth/princess'.... I love ranting

        Loading editor
    • It is simple:

      Before the assassination: Slaine was the main candidate, but couldn't confess his feelings since their positions were vastly different (and Cruhteo would've probably killed him if he had a romantic relationship with the princess). 

      After the assassination and before the reunion: Asseylum misses him and greatly values him as a friend. He was still in the friendzone then. She starts to develop feelings for Inaho.

      After the reunion: Asseylum was gravely injured and was being taken care of on the moon base in secret. But the war and him being with Saazbaum has changed Slaine who was too obsessed with preventing others from taking advantage/using her to realize he has been crushing her dearest dream all the time. 

      After the wakeup and before remembering: Most of her memories are gone and she is back to the Asseylum before the assassination. She does seem to slightly remember Inaho and Slaine is quite unhappy about this

      After remembering everything: Her potential love for Slaine has fallen apart, the time with Saazbaum has changed him beyond recognition, instead of working towards restoring the peace he actively pushes towards crushing the terrans and intends to just push his own retarded ideals on her and marry her behind her back. To Asseylum that was one hell of a betrayal. The person she trusted so much suddenly pulled something like that. 


      So currently the only known candidate who has a shot at becoming her husband (and later on, emperor of Vers) would be Kaizuka Inaho, provided that his eye won't kill him before the war ends. 

        Loading editor
    • This episode confirmed the InahoXAsseylum ship.

      And this episode confirmed that Slaine hate for Inaho is because he got NTRed.

        Loading editor
    • Haha so true. 

      But when Inaho's eye suddenly took over, I thought for a short moment it would take him over and try to kill Asseylum (it is tech made by the United Earth military after all). Also, I kind of want to see Klancain's kataphract. I mean come on, he came to earth all the way from mars and used one of these transport ships. I am pretty sure he used that to bring his kataphract along.

      Also, during that scene where Slaine activated the Tharsis when UFE soldiers were trying to kill him, I couldn't help but think:

      "It was at this moment the soldiers knew- THEY F***ED UP"

        Loading editor
    • I didn't think slaine had a chance from the beginning. That pairing just wouldn't have worked given the princess wanted peace and understanding, while slaine wanted a world of corpses where only willess followers remained. But that was mostly done so he could kill Inaho. Since the princess isn't a psychopath she would not appreciate that. Inaho treated her as herself and not a princess so it was obvious that she would fall for him. Slaine went from thinking of her as a fragile piece of artwork to an object he felt was rightfully his and treated her as such. So with that said I don't think slaine was NTRed since he had no chance even at the start. I hope that both inaho and asseylum survive while slaine being such "Martyr"(sarcasm just to be clear) can die a "tragic" death but noone really pays it any mind. (I really hate idoit emo people with a martyr complex like slaine). they suck in both stories and reality.

        Loading editor
    • Well, I cut him a 40% chance on Asseylum till he got sent into the sea by Inaho on Tanegashima. 

      That dropped down to 10% after that and when he shot Inaho in episode 12 (obviously out of jealousy) I was very sure his chance has dropped to one big ZERO. Well, the amnesia and her screwing up to correct him upon remembering was kinda predictable though. Sure, it suits the story quite well, but we've seen that happen in countless other stories already. 

        Loading editor
    • I personally believe that there was a pretty likely Inaho x Seylum ship going on. It was highly implicative that it could happen, though it didn't. If she hadn't been shot in the first season and been absent through most of the second, I assure you that it would have developed there at some point. 

      But at the same time, I can't help but feel like the series is trying it's best not to stray in that direction. Like it's just leaving the fans to create and support their own ships and not shoot any down. After all, it's only shown in the series that the characters care deeply for one another ando nothing more. Extending to romance is unknown in the entire storyline. 

      Personally speaking, I would have liked the Inaho x Seylum ship going canon simply because Inaho is so emotionally detached and almost uncaring tosome degree. His attitude makes me want to see how he would be if he were lovey-dovey with ANYone, really. But I also liked the Inaho x Seylum ship since it was implied to a debatable extent. 

      Slaine is the only other real competitor for Asseylum, to be honest. Any other guy character is just a ship that fans make. Slaine, in the first few parts, had a heavy chance of being the romantic rival against Inaho. He had a history with Seylum and had spent much longer with her on Mars. I was even remaining open-minded and wondering if Seylum would have gone with him somehow even after his conversion into an antagonist. But when he started dong eveything Seylum didn't want, what with Interplanetary War II and all that jazz, he lost his chance. 

      So, yeah. No real guy to end up with. But now that the series has ended, you can bet your asses that the fanfics are gonna fly. I might write an Inaho x Seylum one myself. :D

        Loading editor
    •  

      you mean Its* best. its = possessive and it's = it is.

        Loading editor
    • Please edit the page

      Main antagonist and the Ugly

      This is a mecha anime / share.

      And not a shoujo manga, the Bizon 2.0 Focus is a cheap drama.

        Loading editor
    • And what do you know.. The ship didn't happen... I was like "what.. the.. hell...?!" when she announced that her husband will be that guy whom she just met Cruhteo Jr. Come on Elsa!! Tell Seylum that she can't marry a person whom she just met! Go with INAHO! Inaho can teach her anything she wants.. If they had a child, he/she will have the mother's personality and the father's intelligence and that would be awesome.

        Loading editor
    • Talking about an engagement with Cruhtea was just a political move, to break off her "official" wedding with Slaine which was announced earlier.

      It's almost certain she never intended this to be real, but was only used to convince all the knights clans that Slaine and her were over.

        Loading editor
    • They pretty much hyped up Inaho x Asseylum for the entire Season 2 and they even included Inaho inadvertently confessing his feelings for Seylum and she responded likewise. Then the writers were like "nope" and had Seylum randomly marry someone 5 minutes later.

        Loading editor
    • 90.35.103.183 wrote:
      Talking about an engagement with Cruhtea was just a political move, to break off her "official" wedding with Slaine which was announced earlier.

      It's almost certain she never intended this to be real, but was only used to convince all the knights clans that Slaine and her were over.

      If you watch the Epilogue it shows her with Crutea 2.0, pretty much showing that she went through with the wedding

        Loading editor
    • well... i cant believe that she just marry some random guy... im gonna hate the writer for this... it's like ruining the whole romance in entire series... was this some kind of joke, huh? ... "you think the inaho x seylum gonna sail for real? hell yea, i fooled you..." i bet this what was on the writer's mind

        Loading editor
    • 118.101.149.3 wrote:
      well... i cant believe that she just marry some random guy... im gonna hate the writer for this... it's like ruining the whole romance in entire series... was this some kind of joke, huh? ... "you think the inaho x seylum gonna sail for real? hell yea, i fooled you..." i bet this what was on the writer's mind


      Well, as I understand she does not marry anyone. See, she says she is taking Count Cruhteo as her husband. The young guy Count Klancain (the guy standing by her side athe time of announcement) who people are thinking she is taking as husband actually the son of Count Cruhteo which sort of makes her his step mother. Count Cruhteo was killed by Count Sazzbaum (the actual conspirator). He comes in his Kataphrakt Dioscuria kills Cruhteo and takes away Slain (Season 01 Episode 08) when he Cruhteo says he going to kill Slain before realizing that Slain was actually loyal and trying to protect the Princess. Sazzbaum does that to save Slain (because Slain's father once saved him, as he tells Slain in the latter episodes) and also to make sure that the fact that the conspirators are responsible for Princess death and not Terrans does not come out (he wants the war). Actually just before his death Count Cruhteo orders to contact UFE to offer casefire on both sides and thier assistance to search for the Princess. But he is killed by Count Sazzbaum before it could be carried out. So all in all, the Princess took a dead guy as her husband (I honestly don't know how it works on Mars, they might not need the Bridegroom's consent considering he is dead :) ). Seeing the situation the Princess did it obviously to sway the Knights away from Slain and to stop the conflict, considering she already has the support of two, Count Klancain(her now stepson) and Count Mazuurek (the one Inhao helps escapse, so that he can find out where the real Princess is).


      What I don't get is they didn't show what happened to the second Princess (Lemrina Vers Envers).

        Loading editor
    • 217.122.83.159 wrote:
      I hope slaine is the one she likes:

      Because Slaine is just a clever character that is trying to take advantage of the situation to fulfill his dreams. On a smart way he is just trying to gain the power to rule the Aerth and The vers ampire and qonquering the hearth of princess asseylum. In other words he is not an impulsive sick idiot but a really well thought character that is trying to acomplish his dreams by smart inrtigues.

      Compared to Slaine Inaho is just an emotionless character with his bionic syborg eye and his not interesting background. There is never zoomed in on his feelings, never tears, No smiles and no background. In short words an impossible caracter to like because there is not enoug reason for it to just like him even a little bit.

      So I am totally for slaine.

      Inaho does give a little smile every now and then 

        Loading editor
    • Kaizuka Inaho might not project emotions, but he still has them, his sense of justice, his need for friends, his desires for the future and his desire to save everyone no matter the cost, you should know this when you heard how far he went to save everybody, those who do not see these have been skipping scenes or not paying attention, the studio that made this must have a good eye for professional anime.

        Loading editor
    • I agree I mean honestly a lot of the problems people moan and complain about can be solved by simply putting two and two together I feel Inaho is a likable character because he dosen't project his emotions but it makes it all the more special when he does.

        Loading editor
    • "My heart belongs to the world of Vers and the people who dwell there"

      That's the only canon ship we'll have.

        Loading editor
    • There is a 50% to 50% to have a 3rd season too many question need to be answered, I think they will be a 3rd season

        Loading editor
    • I think Asseylum loved BOTH Inaho and Slaine; the blue sky is connected to both of them, but she chose to help foster peace between earth and mars over her own personal feelings for either.

        Loading editor
    • even though it is for political taltics, once she spoken it out, it can never be taken back.so , she will marry that crutea guy whatever his real name may be. she does think of peace and other people than herself. its just that when she spoken about inaho at the end , she has  the look of someone that actually love him. the only way she gonna go to inaho, is if that crutea guy realize this, and back off, but one cant really say no when he get the orpotunity to become an emperor and get a hold of a beauty like tat for a wife. with that said, it is impossible for inaho to want to be an emperor too, so this is a tale of a love that cant be fulfill because of more important issues. just like sacrificing 1 to save many. the other option is she step down and her sister  take her place, but whats done have been done,. however we hate it (some of us), it already happen. its final, she choose some random guy. season 3 wont be ever coming, the war is finish anyway, if there is a season 3 with more war, itll be pointless anyway, not that she can ever be with inaho now that she married that guy, heck.. sadly speaking that guy ight be humping her like crazy day and night.. lol

        Loading editor
    • Just my additional info for any who might've missed it, but it really is a depressing NTR ending for even me who wanted just either Inaho or Slaine to have had a happy ending (with either princesses in Slaine's case). The guys responsible for making the entire series were definitely good at presenting subtle cues which many would miss if they didn't engage themselves in watching the story and the characters (like Inaho's true personality).

      Exactly like many have been talking about, I hate that Klancain ending. If you watched the ending where the 1st Earth-placed Aldnoah Reactor was being activated, it was plainly shown to all our faces that Asseylum had a wedding ring on her finger and when Klancain asked her why she was knowledgeable about Earth, she paused for a second and answered that it was from a "friend" and that they were pleasant "memories" which blatantly tells us "fck Inaho/Slaine X Asseylum".

      Now I'm not ignorant enough to not understand it was political marriage. However, I do agree with the people saying it was uncalled for. From what I can tell, it's just a stupid case of the makers of the series trying to avoid being too "gundam-ish". You see, Asseylum could have just taken control as the Empress and announced the truth to her assassination (about Saazbaum alone being the wirepuller and Slaine knowing *disclosed selectively*) and the fact that it was an imposter that was partnered with Slaine prior to her succession to the throne.

      This is a classic Relena Peacecraft thing which in truth was the "lone princess now empress" route ending to the same conflict that the production crew just appears to have wanted to diverge from and so we get this mess.

      They used her act of standing up from the wheelchair to signify her "rising to the throne" and her "true identity as Asseylum" (because she isn't like her sister who can't actually walk with gravity), this in itself is a subtle but strong hint and action which politicians in real life use (we humans can subconsciously pick up these gestures) and as we all saw, the Orbital Knights on all sides noticed it and were easily surprised. The fact of Saazbaum's->Slaine's betrayal and assassination attempt at her alone would've given the other knights the excuse to come under her wing with the way she worded things.

      Instead, we are given the poor excuse that Asseylum was stupid to go back into the method of Versian Klancain > Terran Slaine accompanied with a stupid single line from some unnamed count saying something along the lines that Slaine was a filthy lying dog after all (which would've been the same reaction gained with my theoretic scenario above). Things could've been played in my scenario, where Asseylum would instead state how the EU and her handful of supporters worked hard behind and on the scenes despite the many sacrifices and betrayals between Versians (to other Versians) to foster peace and coexist by protecting the princess the whole time (credits to war hero Inaho). They were already "indirectly" or secretly working together hand-in-hand despite the difference in race/planet, they just needed the excuse to realize that.

      Also, by the time Slaine and the conspirators had control of Moon Base, it was clearly shown that the goal moved on from Saazbaum's revenge to a change in the way things are run in Mars/Vers. They wanted to prosper from poverty by returning to Earth (sadly regardless of the methods as the hostilities have already been done), and it would've been easy to walk under the single Empress' banner now if she called for peace using methods above. In the end, it was shown that only Barouhcruz and Harklight were the only counts left who betrayed the peace order because the rest were "Give me a break. The princess is the one we follow Terran boy!". Shows how much an Empress' words still weighs to even conspirators or maybe because there weren't many after all (Saazbaum said moon base and a number of their conspirators which could just be their relay station for information control/blackout. It didn't necessarily mean all 37 O.K. clans wanted war but just numerous of them.).

      In the end, Klancain seemed to me like just an excuse for plot stupidity, Asseylum never got her Inaho, Inaho never became anything more than a one-eyed unnamed war hero, and Slaine never got a possibly new life under a new name (which IMO would've been happy ending anyway if he happened to realize to reciprocate Lemrina's feelings for him).

      The only solace I found in that fcked up ending was that now, best-girl Kaizuka Yuki had her brother all to herself (let her be a bro-con in an imaginary twist for all I care). Inko, Rayet, and that other girl will be extras to an imaginary possible harem in that depopulated Earth anyway. Funny enough, I think Capt. Magbaredge had more chemistry with Inaho while it was shown in the ending that her XO was "eyeing" Marito. lol :D

      A little correction on my part, it seems that it's (Inaho X Asseylum) legit on Urobuchi's part (and partly on my theory) as he discussed during a Suisei no Gargantia event/topic. He said as quoted on the 2nd cour page: 虚淵氏「アルドノアのラストは俺のせいじゃねぇーからっ」「原案ではイナホと姫は恋仲になり姫がスレインに 連れ去られて1話が終わる話だった」. This translates as Aldnoah's ending wasn't his fault. In the original work, Inaho and Asseylum become lovers on the ending but Slaine takes the princess/kidnaps her (probably after escaping from prison, Yay!). Urobuchi stated that EP13's ending where Asseylum was taken by Slaine from Inaho was part of that (story) which IMO sounds more legit and alludes to a sequel provided the ending did go the way Urobuchi stated as the "original" (which is probably why they drastically changed it).

        Loading editor
    • I plainly despise the character Inaho. It was 'OK' cool with the first few episodes of S1, reading enemy abilities in the heat of the battle and all. But don't I wish the series had an ending like Eurika Seven.

      Honestly, the writer completely fucked up the ending of S1, like why on earth would there be such a f***ing trolling ending for real? Just can't go with the good ending with Princess expressing some gratitude to Inaho saving her life but will still board the same ship with Slaine by her side and head back to Vers? That would be so perfect.

      In any case I'm rooting for Slaine hands down. Over the years I just grew more and more hateful towards the main protagonists in any work. Falling for someone is completely out of the line of sculpturing a toon like Inaho. He would really just be 100 times cooler if he remain emotionless.

      AND FOR GOD'S SAKE Slaine showed extraordinary courage and loyalty when tortured by Count C. C'mon. Just a yasashi (from back when they were young), loyal, tactful, considerate and passionate companion.

        Loading editor
    • Kamikaze00007 wrote:
      Just my additional info for any who might've missed it, but it really is a depressing NTR ending for even me who wanted just either Inaho or Slaine to have had a happy ending (with either princesses in Slaine's case). The guys responsible for making the entire series were definitely good at presenting subtle cues which many would miss if they didn't engage themselves in watching the story and the characters (like Inaho's true personality).

      Exactly like many have been talking about, I hate that Klancain ending. If you watched the ending where the 1st Earth-placed Aldnoah Reactor was being activated, it was plainly shown to all our faces that Asseylum had a wedding ring on her finger and when Klancain asked her why she was knowledgeable about Earth, she paused for a second and answered that it was from a "friend" and that they were pleasant "memories" which blatantly tells us "fck Inaho/Slaine X Asseylum".

      Now I'm not ignorant enough to not understand it was political marriage. However, I do agree with the people saying it was uncalled for. From what I can tell, it's just a stupid case of the makers of the series trying to avoid being too "gundam-ish". You see, Asseylum could have just taken control as the Empress and announced the truth to her assassination (about Saazbaum alone being the wirepuller and Slaine knowing *disclosed selectively*) and the fact that it was an imposter that was partnered with Slaine prior to her succession to the throne.

      This is a classic Relena Peacecraft thing which in truth was the "lone princess now empress" route ending to the same conflict that the production crew just appears to have wanted to diverge from and so we get this mess.

      They used her act of standing up from the wheelchair to signify her "rising to the throne" and her "true identity as Asseylum" (because she isn't like her sister who can't actually walk with gravity), this in itself is a subtle but strong hint and action which politicians in real life use (we humans can subconsciously pick up these gestures) and as we all saw, the Orbital Knights on all sides noticed it and were easily surprised. The fact of Saazbaum's->Slaine's betrayal and assassination attempt at her alone would've given the other knights the excuse to come under her wing with the way she worded things.

      Instead, we are given the poor excuse that Asseylum was stupid to go back into the method of Versian Klancain > Terran Slaine accompanied with a stupid single line from some unnamed count saying something along the lines that Slaine was a filthy lying dog after all (which would've been the same reaction gained with my theoretic scenario above). Things could've been played in my scenario, where Asseylum would instead state how the EU and her handful of supporters worked hard behind and on the scenes despite the many sacrifices and betrayals between Versians (to other Versians) to foster peace and coexist by protecting the princess the whole time (credits to war hero Inaho). They were already "indirectly" or secretly working together hand-in-hand despite the difference in race/planet, they just needed the excuse to realize that.

      Also, by the time Slaine and the conspirators had control of Moon Base, it was clearly shown that the goal moved on from Saazbaum's revenge to a change in the way things are run in Mars/Vers. They wanted to prosper from poverty by returning to Earth (sadly regardless of the methods as the hostilities have already been done), and it would've been easy to walk under the single Empress' banner now if she called for peace using methods above. In the end, it was shown that only Barouhcruz and Harklight were the only counts left who betrayed the peace order because the rest were "Give me a break. The princess is the one we follow Terran boy!". Shows how much an Empress' words still weighs to even conspirators or maybe because there weren't many after all (Saazbaum said moon base and a number of their conspirators which could just be their relay station for information control/blackout. It didn't necessarily mean all 37 O.K. clans wanted war but just numerous of them.).

      In the end, Klancain seemed to me like just an excuse for plot stupidity, Asseylum never got her Inaho, Inaho never became anything more than a one-eyed unnamed war hero, and Slaine never got a possibly new life under a new name (which IMO would've been happy ending anyway if he happened to realize to reciprocate Lemrina's feelings for him).

      The only solace I found in that fcked up ending was that now, best-girl Kaizuka Yuki had her brother all to herself (let her be a bro-con in an imaginary twist for all I care). Inko, Rayet, and that other girl will be extras to an imaginary possible harem in that depopulated Earth anyway. Funny enough, I think Capt. Magbaredge had more chemistry with Inaho while it was shown in the ending that her XO was "eyeing" Marito. lol :D

      A little correction on my part, it seems that it's (Inaho X Asseylum) legit on Urobuchi's part (and partly on my theory) as he discussed during a Suisei no Gargantia event/topic. He said as quoted on the 2nd cour page: 虚淵氏「アルドノアのラストは俺のせいじゃねぇーからっ」「原案ではイナホと姫は恋仲になり姫がスレインに 連れ去られて1話が終わる話だった」. This translates as Aldnoah's ending wasn't his fault. In the original work, Inaho and Asseylum become lovers on the ending but Slaine takes the princess/kidnaps her (probably after escaping from prison, Yay!). Urobuchi stated that EP13's ending where Asseylum was taken by Slaine from Inaho was part of that (story) which IMO sounds more legit and alludes to a sequel provided the ending did go the way Urobuchi stated as the "original" (which is probably why they drastically changed it).

      Yeah that was really dumb sealing off the series like that. They simply could have had Inaho and Asseylum become lovers and show them together and end the series like that with maybe a last cut of Slaine in prison. That way they could just have left it and it would have been perfect. If the series was never continued then that was the true ending: Inaho and Asseylum together and Slaine in prison. They could easily then make a third season and the first episode is Slaine escaping from prison. Instead they hamfist this ending together and otherwise mar (nothing intended) a great series by putting her with the plank of wood signed "Vers loyalty - Property of Cruhto" on it.


      I feel like the show producers did that because they were afraid of a demand for another season. Fear which made them glue together whatever two pieces looked like they fit at the time but were in-fact made of bitterly different materials.

      It also seemed even more forced because of how close the episode they almost straight out say they love each other was only for her to make a decision that she has to marry this plank for reasons. That and she showed no deliberation about it, no one was surprised, Inaho didn't even blink, the only one who even had a reaction approaching appropriateness was Slaine.


      So in the end we get a poor ending to an otherwise great show with:

      Slaine not being saved from the chains of misery.

      Inaho not getting any recognition for his acts.

      No one getting paired off - This wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't waterboard you with char x char signs of affection everywhere.

      No one important dying only slews of redshirts on both sides. Also counts who were literally wearing red shirts.



      If you're going to bust out the fairy tale ending at least make it good. With the happily ever after. Not ntr'd ever after.

        Loading editor
    • Himuchi wrote:
      So, I've been wondering, from what I see, Asseylum likes Inaho, but holds respect for Slaine??? That's what I think. We all know that both Slaine and Inaho likes the princess :/ 


      I think she hasnt had the chance to clarify her feelings for either party. I mean she even declared her being married to that other captain and all just to stop war.

      plus at the end wasnt the dude who she supposedly married there too?? they never went too deep into it because romance was never the key thing

        Loading editor
    • She makes it pretty clear in her talk with Lemrina that her heart belongs to the people of Vers. We will not consciously acknowledge her feelings for either. Heck, she married the closest lord in a last ditch effort to stop a war.


      She does seem to have a mutual infatuation with Inaho though. He keeps coming to her rescue and stuff which is cute... but every symbol in that ship ties back to Slaine. Whether she realizes it or not, Slaine is tragically forever to be lost in the friend zone because of everything he has had to do to keep her safe from the other orbital knights. The people who know her best see through it though. Lemrina first stating she feels sorry for her. Eddelrittuo even bursts out at some point and she has met both of them.

        Loading editor
    • Asseylum seems to like Inaho, with the whole "I also think of you as part of me" crap with Inaho it seems pretty obvious they like each other. Slaine was saved by Inaho due to Asseylum's request but that was probably out of good will. In all seriousness I really hated the ending, Asseylum made the choice of diplomatically marrying Klancain in order to stop the war and save Inaho and Slaine. I might be wrong but I will continue to cling to my Inaho x Asseylum ship.

        Loading editor
    • Skyantbudder wrote: Asseylum seems to like Inaho, with the whole "I also think of you as part of me" crap with Inaho it seems pretty obvious they like each other. Slaine was saved by Inaho due to Asseylum's request but that was probably out of good will. In all seriousness I really hated the ending, Asseylum made the choice of diplomatically marrying Klancain in order to stop the war and save Inaho and Slaine. I might be wrong but I will continue to cling to my Inaho x Asseylum ship.

      I just finished watching the anime myself on netflix. I was surprised when she made the declaraion taking Klancain as her 'legal husband'. I certainly didn't see that coming but I guess I should have now that I think about her words from a scene prior "and I need to borrow your title" etc.

      It's a bitter sweet ending, and I can only guess the mangaka(s) decided to go with a different unique ending rather than the old "happy ending where the intended couple get together".

      The fact is, peace might not have been achieved had Asseylum decided to be with Inaho. Peace was the objective. In a manner of speaking its a story of personal sacrifice on top of personal growth.

      I am however, finding myself left with 'wanting more'.

        Loading editor
    • GodricKharg wrote:

      Skyantbudder wrote: Asseylum seems to like Inaho, with the whole "I also think of you as part of me" crap with Inaho it seems pretty obvious they like each other. Slaine was saved by Inaho due to Asseylum's request but that was probably out of good will. In all seriousness I really hated the ending, Asseylum made the choice of diplomatically marrying Klancain in order to stop the war and save Inaho and Slaine. I might be wrong but I will continue to cling to my Inaho x Asseylum ship.

      I just finished watching the anime myself on netflix. I was surprised when she made the declaraion taking Klancain as her 'legal husband'. I certainly didn't see that coming but I guess I should have now that I think about her words from a scene prior "and I need to borrow your title" etc.

      It's a bitter sweet ending, and I can only guess the mangaka(s) decided to go with a different unique ending rather than the old "happy ending where the intended couple get together".

      The fact is, peace might not have been achieved had Asseylum decided to be with Inaho. Peace was the objective. In a manner of speaking its a story of personal sacrifice on top of personal growth.

      I am however, finding myself left with 'wanting more'.

      the bittersweet ending "I will sacrifice myself for the better good" isn't unique either, even less unique if it's about arranged marriage, that is a plot on the level of hentai manga.(I've seen many with this kind of thing)

        Loading editor
    • Asseylum likes Inaho. Slaine should be with a girl who likes him for him and Klancain should have never existed.

        Loading editor
    • I would say Asseylum likes Inaho, too! Those two are a PERFECT match! I say Slaine should be a couple with his fiance', Lemrina Vers Envers!

        Loading editor
    • Just to state my opinion. Actually, the pair has been decided since the beginning of the series, the author have made each MC their pair. Inaho x Inko, Slaine x Lemrina, Asselem x Klaincain. Just from their appearances almost matching. Like hair colour, shape of eyes etc, So Im fine with it since Slaine is pair up with Lemrina. I believe he will be free in the future to be with Lemrina. Inaho just marry Inko. I dont care about them though. Inko is a commoner, so suit Inaho who is too good to be so extraordinary special with ordinary background. It is not weird if Slaine is though to be good, to posses such skills and intelligent, with his fathers contributions to the world and family background.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.